Saturday, February 18, 2017

Pirate Air Support

Image not mine - but it's cool.

   As promised previously, here are a few snaps of the Star Viking / space raider force's air support. The camouflage pattern here was painted for the raid on Harrison's Star (MW3-556B2-III), with it's odd purple foliage and mustard yellow skies.

Obviously started life as a Matchbox plane. 
The massive intake looked vaguely "Prang-y" to me.

Sprayed flat black and repainted.


  I think I am going to add some bombs or rocket pods or something below the wings to help give the impression of a ground attack craft.


   Also, I just ordered a trio of these fellows (below) from the Ion Age. While I was at it, I picked up a few odds and ends of other Maligs to add to the ever growing motley scourge that is the crew of the Five Dragon Reaper Sword. (Never translate literally from Prang to English - it comes out wrong, as you can see...)

Malig Orba Bike
This figure actually helped start development of the Star Vikings

2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

They look superb.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Well, the Malig isn't my paint job, but I did order some... and thanks!