Monday, August 8, 2016

Expanding the Habitat

   More stuff from the Ion Age, this time terrain. The Command dome was already 'finished' once, but I noticed I had missed some things and decided I wanted to make some changes to the color scheme. I'm thinking all hatches will be color coded from now on:
  • Blue = Command Center
  • Orange = Habitat (Living Quarters)
  • Green = Science (Labs)
  • Red = Mechanicals (Garages, etc.)
  • Yellow = Security




   So, according to my scheme, this is obviously a Habitat Dome. I think I am going to make up some sort of signage for over the door on the hab domes. Or maybe at least a dome number beside the hatch? And... I just noticed I forgot to danger stripe the electrical cable on that dome. Back to the table for a quick fix.


   I have a few more pieces left to paint up for now: a four-way intersection, two domes, and two more corridor lengths. I think I am going to order a few more as well, at least one or two hab domes, a bit more corridor, the tower module, and maybe a blockhouse or turret section.

No comments: