Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Round 4 - Another Loss

Here is the entry I made for Round 4 of the Lead Painter's League, finished two weeks ago. We are currently in Week 6, and Week 7 is due Thursday night - I gotta get painting!

The figures are Khurasan 15mm, called "Control Battalion" by the manufacturer. I painted them up as an elite troop for one human faction. They are known as "Redcaps" for a rather nasty and murderous mythical figure.


I lost 343 - 117.

Here's the winner:


  I think in this case it was a matter of style and subject rather than quality of paint job which won the round. That is, I think my paint job was pretty well as good as his, for the subject painted. Although the pattern on the pants of the peasant fellow carrying the rice bundle is quite well done. The painter, "Drachenklinge," has offered a variety of samurai in the course of the competition. Nice work, and a gracious winner.

No comments: