Monday, June 9, 2014

Three new projects considered...

Greetings all!

I am suffering from project paralysis at the moment. I don't really need a new project to distract me further from the dozen or so ongoing ones in which I am currently involved (some might say 'mired'). But, three things are currently tickling my creative juices a bit.

15mm Spanish Civil War. Zach wants to do this. He has another friend of ours, Gerald, already sold. As in, he's already purchased miniatures. I have not bitten down yet. It is intriguing, but I am not sure that I am enough interested in it to take the plunge.

15mm Sci-Fi. I would really like to do a science fiction game. Aliens (I think the Chuhuac) versus humans, battling for control of colony worlds. A campaign across several worlds would be even better, fighting out the First Chuhuac War. I also like a lot of Khurasan's aliens, too, so I may go total space opera with tons of alien cultures all warring against each other.

28mm Post-Apocalypse. Thinking like Across the Dead Earth, or an adaptation of In Her Majesty's Name rules to post-apocalypse. I think it would be simple enough, as the rules are very mod friendly. I like the skirmish/gang level. Campaign system would be cool here, as well, with rival gangs fighting over scarce resources and valuable territories.

So I thought maybe I would get some help from my faithful readers, some input, to help break the lockup. Naturally, a poll sounds like a good way to go about gathering data. Plus, of course, you could respond to this posting with pertinent comments. I'd like to avoid discussions of the merits of Russian neo-punk versus Pushtu Rave bands, if you don't mind. At least this time.

In other news, I got an email today informing me that an Ogre Mk. III was on its way to my happy home. Which will be happier still once I have the Mk. III in it.

2 comments:

myincubliss said...

I vote for Post Apocalyptic, for the entirely selfish reasons of that's the one I like the most and want to see minis from!

Chuckaroobob said...

Spanish Civil War? Bah, humbug. There aren't any good guys! Fascists vs. Commies? No sale.