Thursday, March 27, 2014

A is for Aliens

ALIENS

   No, not the movie. Even though it was a classic. "I say we go back to the ship and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." YES!


   Anyway, in a stunning array of forms, ALIENS are one of the things that make science fiction gaming so appealing. All of those non-human races just ooze style and character. While most are anthropomorphic, not everyone makes bipedal aliens. Just look at Khurasan Miniatures' Molch, Vespalids, or Cnidarians! Or the Vergans or the Slurmite from 15mm.co.uk, just to name a few. The Molch are especially 'alien' looking to me.

   Not that I hate bipedal aliens - you can bet that they will be appearing in significant numbers later on through this A to Z! I'll be checking out the various 15mm science fiction manufacturers to highlight some of the products they have to offer. I don't get any kind of financial reward for this - just the fun of pointing out some neat minis. So, that's what you can expect to see in this series, plus some of the concepts of science fiction that make it so interesting to me. 

   I would like to say I will put up a new letter every day, but that just isn't going to happen. So, sit back, grab a beverage, and enjoy. Also, let me know what you think about my choices. Sometimes I am going to be overwhelmed with good choices for a particular letter, and I have to pick just one. If you think of something else, please make a comment!

1 comment:

Chuckaroobob said...

I picked up some 25mm-ish aliens and predators with the intention of using Disposable Heroes for skirmish gaming with them. Good intentions, too many projects!