Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Car Wars Counters in Progress

   I have been perusing eBay for the last few weeks, looking to buy some of the original counters for classic scale Car Wars. They run a bit, so I was putting it off, a back burner project. I wanted to attach the counters to some 3mm playwood bases I ordered from Litko back in June. The idea was to make the counters easier to handle, a little sturdier, etc.

   Then, while I was wasting time looking through Warehouse 23 at OGRE stuff, I thought I would check out the e23 downloads. This led to looking at Car Wars downloads, too, and the counters were there, in PDF form, and cheap. Like, $2.99 a set cheap. And you can print off as many sheets as you like. SOLD! Printed them out, cut out with scissors, a little white glue and BAM! Deluxe Car Wars counters. I even got the AADA Vehicle Guide set, the ones in black and white line drawings. A few minutes with Photoshop, Acrobat, or Paint, and you can color them however you like. Haven't printed those out yet, but they look pretty neat on the screen.

Some of the work so far

The oil slicks and smoke /paint clouds are reversible.

Klassic Killer Kart!

   PS: I am in Mexico right now. This is a previously scheduled post. I love technology.

2 comments:

graymatterblues said...

OMG! That is a great idea. I love car wars and even have the old pocket edition but, your idea makes them look so sharp. I also like the idea that you can slip them in to Photoshop and change colors on the cars. Brilliant. Not sure they I didn't think of that before. what are you using as maps for the game?

J Womack, Esq. said...

I have a lot of my old maps, but couldn't find the baggie of counters. So this is my fix for that issue.