Monday, March 12, 2012

Store Report: The Source, St. Paul, MN

2057 Snelling Ave. N
Roseville, MN

   While my wife and I are up in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul region, I talked her into letting me swing by a game store that had been recommended to me by people on The Miniatures Page. Now, they are moving in a week or so, to a larger location. This will bring them from 6,000 sf to 10,000 sf of retial and game table goodness.

   Over all, I thought this was one of the best game stores I have been in for a long time. It reminds me a lot of Great Hall Games in Austin, TX, with the addition of a really good comic store. Plenty of game tables, lots of terrain for use, snacks available in store. Tons of minis, rules and everything else you generally need for minis wargaming. Lots of RPGs as well.

   The staff was very friendly. We talked about gaming and the various popular games in the area, how the gaming was in Houston, etc. I was even invited to play in the historical games they are having tonight, but I couldn't make it. I only ended up buying an Osprey that I needed for my FOW project (did I mention they have a LOT of Ospreys?) and a couple of bottles of Vallejo, since we are flying back home in a few days and I needed to keep it light.

   If we ever have to come back to Mayo CLinic, I will be sure to stop by there again.

2 comments:

Monty said...

I recognize that flier...that's where my club meets up once a month! The owners are great and they help put on a quarterly local gaming convention. We're lucky to have this as a local gaming icon and resource. And I'm glad you had a good visit!

J Womack, Esq. said...

I just wish I could have come out on Monday night, but we were on our way to Rochester to the Mayo.