Monday, May 30, 2011

More Renaissance, and a Tournament's Results

   Work continues on my Thirty Years War army for Field of Glory Renaissance. The army is technically "Early German Catholic," but could be most any except for the banners. All of the figures are Old Glory.

Two field guns. Notice Zed in the background?

   I also took part in my first Field of Glory Ancients tournament. This was at Comicpalooza, here in Houston - a few pictures of which will be on my other blog, Victoria's Boys in Red, as they are mostly steampunk in nature. Anyway, I spent all day Saturday playing three games, using my friend Gerald's Komenan Byzantine army. My record was 1 - 2, for a 7th place finish out of eight players.

   I'll never play in another tournament. I hate the way people play in them. "I don't want to do this, but I'm going to anyway." I must have heard that a half dozen times. What a crock. If you don't want to do it, don't. If you are going to do something brutal, just do it and don't think you are going to excuse it with some meaningless words. Just like "In all due respect..." right before you say something incredibly disrespectful.

No comments: