Sunday, April 3, 2011

Naming Miniatures

   Just an odd thought, but it is something I do a lot.

   Do you name your minis? At least, the leader types? I always do. "German Leader" or "British Sergeant" or somesuch label is just too dull.

  Here are a few of my favorites:

  Sergeant Harry Nuckles
  Major Compost-Pyle
  Herr Oberst von Underst
  General Sir Mimsey Popinjay the Third, KCB
  Chief Wherda Hecarwee
  Subchief Hooda Heckarwee
  Galfor Rent
  Musta Gopotty
  Major C. Atastrophe
  General Sir Ender

Just good, sometimes not-so-clean, fun.

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Yep..I name mine. I´ve got three, all of whom have been in adventures /silly stories on one forum or another.
main one. Lt Tomkins
His boss. Major Brashford
The silent long suffering servant. Achmed
They will be turning up this month, when the A.Z challenge reaches the letter K
Cheers
Paul

Laffe said...

Oh yes. For my 40k Imperial Guard army, I name each figure and paint their names on the bases. I started with only the leaders, and then for fun I did a whole squad. So now I have to do the whole lot don't I? It's far from finished, but I will name each and every one of them eventually.

Other than that, I usually name the main characters when I game. I'm also a big fan of the TooFatLardies naming style, Hugh Jarce being my favourite example.

Sergeant Crunch said...

Generally, no. But I do ask permission before painting in between the legs.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Well, I ask if it's a lady. Manners, gentlemen, count.