Thursday, November 25, 2010

Renaissance Decision Made

I know many of you have been waiting with baited breath to learn which of the Field of Glory Renaissance armies I was going to choose to begin with. No, really? You haven't been? Well, you're gonna find out anyway.

 I am doing an Early Thirty Years' War German Catholic League army. Yes, Count Tilly's merry band of pike and shot in old fashioned tercios. I have my order ready to go to Old Glory to purchase said army, now just waiting for financial clearance from the CFO, also known as SWMBO.

  In other game-related news, I finally finished my second battalion of 6mm German colonial troops, and the first legion of Martians. I am moderately happy with them, but I used GW's clear coat on them, and I don't like it at all. It leaves a very dusty look on the figures. For $15, I expect more from a matte coat. Back to Krylon and ModelMasters for me, thanks! I also finished a base of powered armor infantry in 6mm for BattleTech, and a battery (with limber!) for the Germans.

 Finally, we look forward to hopefully getting another game of D&D in on Saturday or Sunday. Only two sessions down, and we are starting to get antsy. But the reward of making 2nd level is a soothing balm...

No comments: