Monday, April 19, 2010

Labyrinth Lord Purchased. Let OSR Commence!

My good buddy Eli over at ISLP has been talking about playing some really great sounding games with his daughters using the game Labyrinth Lord. Essentially, the book (which I have not read through yet, only flipped pages) is the old Red Box Basic rules and Blue Box Expert rules. So awesomely simple.

Yesterday, a buddy and I went to a couple of game stores in Houston. One of them (Nan's) has a lot of RPG stuff in it as well as minis, comics, and all that. So I grabbed a copy of Labyrinth Lord as recommended by Eli.

Looking forward to sending my sons through the Keep on the Borderlands. Yes, I still have a copy of it. No, I won't let you borrow it.

4 comments:

David The Archmage said...

The update of the keep has a nicely updated map and some more info about the people at the keep. Also 0one Games has this: http://0onegames.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=153&osCsid=ab2262c41b88d7b2ebb89fe5bd2f006f

Have fun with LL!

Eli Arndt said...

J,

You makem e blush with all the Eli-inspired talk. I'm glad that SF and now LL will bring you and the boys joy.

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

Eli-

I only do it so I can blame you when my wife sees my credit card bills. Hehehehehe....

Eli Arndt said...

I'll take that bullet if a few items for me end up on the receipt :)