Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Stuff from Forge of Ice

Fellow named Alex Bates out of Alaska has started up a new miniatures company. It's still pretty low key, but he has a few items I think are just perfect for Venus: shields made from large turtle shells! I was thinking at least a batch for my elite Gaters, who are going to be made from old GW Saurus Temple Guards when I get around to that project...


Check out the photos below, from his website [http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=5205.msg43690#msg43690] where you can order them. I want to say they are about $1-1.25 per. He has some other very interesting items as well: spears, huts, peacocks (!)...



I sure hope Alex doesn't mind me snagging these photos. It is to help drive some sales for his company, after all...



3 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

Great find. I have been looking for some scaley shields for some Parrot Men wardens I had in mind.

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

He also has some flint-tipped spears, 2 for $1.25 I think.

Alex said...

You are WELCOME to post these pics, sir! And thank you for the kind word of mouth!

For clarification, the small shields are $1 each, and the larger shields are $1.25. The flint-tipped spears come as a sprue of two spears, and those are $1.50.

-Alex Bates