Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fields

   I have a way to make plowed fields for your troops to fight across that is just great, in my not-so-humble opinion. Its not my own idea, unfortunately, and many of you may already know how to do it, but for those of you who do not:
  • Its flexible and sturdy.
  • It can be about any size you reasonably could want.
  • Its dead easy and quick to do.
  • Materials are cheap and pretty easy to find.
What more could you ask? Oh, you want to know how to do it? Okay.
  1. Buy some dark brown spray paint. I used Krylon, but you can use any of them. Gloss or flat, doesn't matter much. (Gloss looks more like a wet field, I think).
  2. Buy a ridged polyfiber doormat with rubber backing, with ridges about 1/4 inch wide and 1/8 inch deep. I got mine at Target, 2' x 3', for about $3.99.
  3. Using heavy scissors (I used kitchen shears), cut the mat into desired shape and size. I made small rectangles with rounded corners, approximately 4" x 6".
  4. Spray the mat. Let it dry.
   You are now done. If you want to make it a bit snazzier, drybrush or lightly spray a slightly lighter shade of brown over the original dark brown.

   There you have it: quick and easy fields. To see the results, look here.


No comments: